Become a member of EIDA today and join our network of over 1,000 employers who are already taking action on domestic abuse.
Only through greater awareness, relationship building and the sharing of best practice can we make a systematic change to the way domestic abuse is thought about and handled in the UK. We believe that every employer plays an important part in that.
It is free to join and will give your organisation access to a whole host of resources and benefits to kick-start or develop your journey in tackling domestic abuse in your workplace.
Domestic abuse is complex, cruel and has a lasting impact on survivors and their families.
As an employer, you have a vital role to play as part of your duty of care towards employees and because work might be the only place of respite for an employee affected by domestic abuse.
Following the landmark Domestic Abuse Act in 2021, it is more important than ever that employers follow the latest government guidance relating to domestic abuse to safeguard their employees.
By becoming a member of the Employers’ Initiative on Domestic Abuse (EIDA), you will be committing, as an employer, to best support your employees affected by domestic abuse.
It is free to join EIDA, we simply ask that you agree to the terms of our Membership Charter.
Membership grants you exclusive access to our Members’ Area where you will find:
- The EIDA Member Handbook
- ‘Sharon’s Policy’: a free domestic abuse policy template, to help you implement a domestic abuse policy, quickly and at no cost. ‘Sharon’s Policy’ was created by EIDA Ambassador, Sharon Livermore.
- Case studies of member employers who share their journey and learnings of tackling domestic abuse in their workplace.
- Assets, such as a specially designed logo for members who want to demonstrate that they are part of EIDA, and a draft press release template to announce your membership.
As a member of EIDA:
- You will be invited to our quarterly network and roundtable events where our members and partners share best practice and learnings.
- You will receive our newsletters every other month, filled with the latest news, reports and events related to tackling domestic abuse at work.
- We will connect you with our front line partners to ensure your staff receive the very best and most appropriate training for their needs.
- You will hear about the real impact of domestic abuse and the role employers can play, as EIDA ambassadors and member employees who have survived domestic abuse share their stories.
- Perhaps most importantly, you will have access to a 1,000-strong community of organisations changing the workplace culture on domestic abuse. By coming together and learning from each other, we have the power to make lasting change.
A member's perspective:
The Employers’ Initiative on Domestic Abuse (EIDA) has provided invaluable support. Utilising their robust framework, we have been able to recognise our key role as an employer, raise awareness of signs and symptoms of abuse, and signpost victims and survivors to resources that can help. We are steadfast in our commitment to being a responsible employer that does not tolerate any form of domestic abuse, and we will continue promoting this important information to help our people better understand the issue and feel confidently equipped to support colleagues at work.
- Tori Hockin, Wellbeing and Inclusion Consultant, Allianz Insurance plc. (EIDA member)